Fiedler Audio, ‘the German reverb professionals’, has announced Spacelab 1.5, a significant update to their 3D Reverb, developed in cooperation with Fraunhofer Institute.
Spacelab 1.5 now seamlessly integrates with Dolby Atmos Composer. This means that there is now a 3D Reverb plug-in that feeds directly into the complete Dolby Atmos Bed.
Here’s what’s new in Spacelab Interstellar and Spacelab Ignition 1.5:
- Seamless integration with Dolby Atmos Composer
- LFE HANDLING – LFE signals at the input will be handled properly and passed through to the output speaker layout. Spacelab’s speaker layout editor allows for freely assigning LFE(s) to the respective channel(s).
- Reworked Binauraliser Algorithm
- Better and smoother 3D panning plus 2 additional new spaces . The options Space – R,
Space – E and Space – O and the new Spaces A1 and A2 offer different overall tonal characters. Depending on the content now there is a choice for getting the best possible room response for monitoring and binaural production.
- Apple Silicon Support
- Mono Switch in Spacelab Beam addresses unwanted stereo operation forced by some DAWs (eg. Ableton LIVE, Reaper, BitWig)
- Open Beam Editor directly from Spacelab
- Beam Manual Delay Compensation on all DAWs – Allows for manual compensation of latency issues in buggy hosts (Logic Pro X 10.7.8, Pro Tools 2023.6)
See the Fiedler Audio site for details.