Waves Audio has introduced Magma Springs, a spring reverb effect for Mac & Windows.
- Seven spring reverb units modeled
- “Tactile analog workflow”
- Recreate classic Indie, Surf, Motown, Dub, Rock & Roll, Country and many more sounds
- Driven by the “analog Magma tube sound”
- Pre-Delay & Feedback controls for creative FX options
Waves Magma Springs features 7 effects, reflecting unique musical eras and styles:
- 50’s goes back to the birth of rock & roll, tapping into the sound of old Memphis Blues records.
- Twang delivers the Tele-into-Vox sound. This spring reverb style is also magical for electronic music, especially on analog synths and looping arpeggios.
- Motor City – This spring type has serious size and weight and epitomizes that “old-school” soul and R&B sound. (When Motor City is applied to drums, you will experience HUGE results.)
- Classic is a versatile spring reverb sound, designed to make almost any element sit beautifully in the mix.
- California is about maximum vibe, letting you capture the sounds of classic recordings from the 1960s and 70s. Its brighter tone makes vocals “float gorgeously above the mix”. By experimenting with the tone controls, you can also achieve more ominous performances.
- Heavy – If you were to strum a Les Paul into a blown-out Fender cabinet in a large hangar, that would approximate the sound of Heavy. This spring delivers a wonderfully thick cloud above any element.
- Dark Space – Based on a well-loved hardware unit, this spring reverb type is “the essential sound of Dub”.
Waves Magma Springs Reverb Cinematic Demo:
Pricing and Availability:
Magma Springs is available as a single plugin, or in the Mercury, Pro Show, and SD7 Pro Show bundles. It has also been added to the Waves Ultimate plugin subscription, which includes all 230+ Waves plugins as monthly or annual subscriptions.