The Erica Synths Bullfrog, a new educational electronic music instrument, created in collaboration with Richie Hawtin, is now available to pre-order.
- Fully analog design
- Accurate voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) that tracks great over 8 octaves
- Manually adjustable and voltage controlled waveshapes – sine-shark fin and pulse wave with pulse width modulation (PWM)
- Zener diode-based noise generator
- Resonant lowpass voltage controlled filter (VCF)
- Voltage controlled amplifier (VCA) with adjustable offset
- Delay effect with adjustable delay time and feedback amount
- Two looping attack-sustain-release envelope generators (EG)
- Manual gate button
- Voicecard slot
- Built in speaker
- DIN5 MIDI input
- USB connector
- Dimensions: 40 x 385 x 210 mm
- Weight: 1.8 kg
Bullfrog is a classical subtractive synthesizer – it consists of several “modules” for sound generation – VCO, NOISE GENERATOR – and treatment – VCF, VCA/DELAY, as well as “modules” that generate control and modulation signals to control them – ENVELOPE GENERATORS and SAMPLE & HOLD.
The Bullfrog will not make the sound on its own unless it is patched – using Eurorack patch cables to interconnect the “modules” or by inserting voice cards that create internal connections between the “modules” in a specific way and add extra functionality, like sampler/looper, sequencer, groovebox, etc.
- BULLFROG synthesizer
- Universal 12VDC wall wart adapter
- User manual
- 10 patch cables
- 3 pre-patched voice cards: Sequencer, Acid Bassline, Sampler Looper
- 3 DIY voice cards
Pricing and Availability:
The Bullfrog is expected to ship Sept 10, 2023 and is priced at 500 Euro. See the Erica Synths site for details.