Native Instruments today introduced the new Traktor X1 MK3 DJ controller, a compact, modular controller that they say is designed for DJs who want portability, powerful effects control, and intuitive operation.
Building on the X1 MK1 and MK2 models, X1 MK3 adds innovative new features, based on feedback from the Traktor community:
- A highly visual design allows DJs to focus on their performance instead of looking at a laptop. Five OLED displays reveal essential track and effect information, including track progress, track name, loop size, selected effects, and effect parameters.
- An advanced lighting system notifies performers with key information, like when a track is about to run out or if it’s running in a loop. DJs can also choose from a spectrum of colors to customize the ambient lighting and button color, perfect for matching their unique style or brand. Accessibility enhancements include tactile dots across the controller and increased button sizes, making it easier for performers to orient themselves, even in low light environments.
- The new “Mixer Mode” allows DJs to press a single button to switch from effects mode to mixer mode, instantly take control of EQs and channel levels, and transition tracks while monitoring all four channel levels on the displays.
- X1 can be customized to meet your specific needs. Make adjustments to mapping with a customization page in Traktor Pro and color-code each button group to easily identify different functions.
- A three-port powered USB hub extends connectivity, allowing you to connect to CDJs, your custom setups, or additional X1 units.
X1 MK3 comes bundled with the latest version of NI’s flagship DJ software, Traktor Pro 3. Traktor Pro 3 includes sonic sculpting tools, professional audio quality, and a clear and intuitive interface. Additional features include time-stretching, an improved limiter, a huge array of effects, and a wide range of options for customizing your mixing workflow.
Pricing and Availability:
Traktor X1 MK3 is available for pre-order with the following pricing:
€ 299 / $ 299 / JPY 42.900 / £ 259 / AUD 449 / CAD 389 / CHF 299 / CNY ¥ 2.399
Traktor X1 MK3 will be available online and in stores on September 20, 2023.