Yamaha today introduced the SEQTRAK, an all-in-one, music creation station designed for composing and performing electronic music anywhere.
SEQTRAK is sure to draw comparisons with the Teenage Engineering OP-1 and, arguably, validates the OP-1’s success by bringing more competition into this space. Like the OP-1, the SEQTRAK is designed to be an all-in-one portable music workstation, with built-in speaker and a microphone for sampling.
SEQTRAK builds on Yamaha’s strengths, though, featuring an AWM2 sound engine that offers 128-note polyphony, plus a four-operator FM sound engine. The sound library comes with more than 2,000 presets. And you can sample directly on the device into seven sound slots in 44.1 kHz/16-bit format.
“Every musician has experienced getting a musical idea outside of their music-making space. SEQTRAK’s compact size allows those ideas to be recorded and developed further. Plus, the depth of the SEQTRAK app adds an entire dimension for turning those ideas into completed music and video,” says Nate Tschetter, senior manager, product marketing at Yamaha Corporation of America.
You can get a full overview of SEQTRAK via the video playlist, embedded above.
- All-in-one mobile solution: Drums. Synths. Sound design. Sequencing. All included. With an array of features, all loaded in a compact, lightweight design, SEQTRAK allows you to start producing right away – no matter where you are.
- Fast workflow: SEQTRAK makes capturing ideas simple with a clear 3-part user interface and real-time, hands-on controls. You’ll produce your music without menu-diving or waiting for boot times.
- Deep sound library: SEQTRAK’s extensive library contains over 2,000 presets. You’ll find a vast collection of professionally crafted sounds – from rich pianos, to shimmering synths and thundering drums.
- Onboard sampling: Capture your own unique sound samples effortlessly. SEQTRAK’s sampler offers seven sound slots and a variety of effects, allowing you to shape and transform your samples with ease. Say a phrase, tap a spoon, or record your favorite pet – then customize to create polished Tracks – all in high-quality 44.1 kHz/16-bit format.
- Portable: With its compact size, lightweight design, built-in speaker and microphone, as well as a rechargeable battery, you can take SEQTRAK anywhere.
- Sound engines & effects: Double your creative potential with two versatile sound engines. AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) boasts an impressive 128-note polyphony and specializes in authentic sounds like pianos, strings, and guitars, while the four-operator FM engine produces stunning synth pads, leads, FM electric pianos, and more. Additionally, SEQTRAK includes powerful effects.
- Sequencer: SEQTRAK’s advanced Sequencer allows for intuitive and seamless composition, arrangement, and playback of musical Tracks. With its user-friendly interface, you can easily navigate and control various parameters, such as tempo, swing, and track settings.
- Sound editing: Inside the included SEQTRAK app you’ll find an intuitive graphic user interface that lets you dive into each Track and shape your sounds with precision. Editing includes a comprehensive set of functions, including envelopes, filters, and effect manipulation, enabling you to refine your compositions with meticulous detail.
- Bluetooth MIDI: Connect wirelessly to the SEQTRAK App & Visualizer, enhancing convenience and mobility.
- Wi-Fi: Transfer WAV samples wirelessly, eliminating the need for cables.
- MIDI In/Out: Connect to other hardware synths, MIDI controllers, or a computer; expanding your sound options and enabling integration with external devices.
- USB-C: Establish a single cable connection for MIDI and stereo audio to a computer simplifying setup and streamlining workflow.
- AUX In: Connect to drum machines, synths, and other external sources, expanding and diversifying your sound.
SEQTRAK Performance Videos:
Pricing and Availability:
The SEQTRAK is available now for $399.99.