Alesis has introduced a cool new drum pad controller/drum machine, the Performance Pad. It’s a drum machine, an electronic percussion instrument and you can use it as a MIDI input device.
Performance Pad features eight velocity-sensitive drum pads and a built-in electronic drum machine with professional sounds and features.
- 8 natural feeling, velocity-sensitive drum pads with Dynamic Articulation
- Built-in professional drum machine so you can record and play back your own beats
- 50 Preset / 50 User drum kits with 233 sounds assignable to any pad
- Built-in rhythm patterns to complement your playing
- Large LCD display with easy-to-navigate interface
- Dynamic Articulation stereo samples with reverb and ambience for realistic playing
- 2 inputs for external kick and hi-hat pedals (sold separately)
- Stereo input to play along with your CD or MP3 player
- MIDI output to play external MIDI devices
- High-quality 24-bit stereo and headphone outputs
- Lightweight, durable enclosure
Performance Pad includes inputs for a bass drum pedal, hi-hat pedal, and a Line-level input to connect a CD Player, iPod, computer, or other audio device so that percussionists can play along with nearly any recorded mix. Built-in rhythm patterns are also included to compliment playing.
Dynamic Articulation technology is included to add nuance to the feel of every drum hit. In addition, there are industry-standard mounting holes on the bottom for easy attachment to an existing drum kit rack.
The 24-bit, high-quality headphone output on the Performance Pad insures a no-compromise playback experience without disturbing others. Connection to keyboards and sound modules is made simple thanks to the integrated MIDI output.
Pricing and Availability:
The Performance Pad is is due at music retailers late 2007. Suggested retail price is $399. Estimated street price is $299.