NAMM Update: Roland announced what they call the most powerful and luxurious live workstation in Roland history.
Luxuriate in the details:
- The Fantom-G offers an advanced sound engine, the ARX SuperNATURAL expansion bay, a large color LCD, a new audio/MIDI recorder, 88-note Ivory Feel weighted keys (Fantom-G8), 76-note keys (Fantom-G7), and 61-note keys (Fantom-G6).
- The Fantom-G’s sound engine is driven by a powerful new audio processor, with twice the wave-ROM capacity of its predecessor. What sets this instrument apart is its new ARX expansion, which allows additional sound-sets and fully dedicated synth and effects engines to be added.
- SuperNATURAL is Roland’s behavior-modeling technology that enables a new level of organic, emotional expression.
- The Fantom-G is also the first Roland instrument to feature Roland’s newly designed sequencer. In conjunction with the large-size LCD, this tool provides 128 tracks (including 24 audio tracks) in a fully integrated audio/MIDI graphical environment. A mouse can also be incorporated for computer-like speed and ease of use.
- A new effects engine provides a wide range of multi-effects for each Fantom-G sound or part. In 16-part multi-timbre mode, up to 22 effect routings can be used simultaneously. Users can create complex setups with up to 18 insert effects per patch, plus global reverbs and choruses. Mastering effects are provided for polishing songs created with the onboard sequencer.
The Fantom-G8 comes outfitted with Roland’s PHA II “Ivory Feel” keyboard that reproduces the feel of ivory for the natural keys and ebony for the sharps, providing the stability and comfort of a real acoustic piano keyboard. The natural keys are designed to absorb moisture, ensuring a secure, slip-proof feel.