Addonics has introduced a 1.8″ ZIF – CF Adapter kit that you can use to make your iPod faster and more shock resistant.
The adapter (ADZIFCF) supports several types of Compact Flash media including PIO, DMA, UDMA4 for up to a 40MB/s transfer rate. In addition to iPods, the adapter supports any laptop computer or portable device that uses a 1.8-inch ZIF connector. It has a MSRP of $23.99.
The upgrade is not for the timid. Install instructions are available.
- Install Compact Flash into a device which uses a 1.8″ hard drive with ZIF connector
- Can be used like a 2.5″ hard drive using the optional ZIF to 2.5″ IDE connector converter
- Compatible with Apple iPOD
- Can be installed into laptops which use 1.8″ ZIF connector
- Current Compact Flash speeds support up to 40MB/s with UDMA4
- Supports PIO, DMA, UDMA depending on type of Compact Flash installed
- OS independent
- Fully RoHS compliant