I got word via Kevin in the synth forum that he’s released the PICSynth V3 chip, which features a cool new arpeggiator and portamento.
The PICSynth is a easy to build DIY synth project. Here’s an audio demo from the latest PICSynth:
- Dual oscillator mono synth
- Really easy to build using just 1 custom programmed PIC chip, 4 ICs and single 12v supply
- All circuits built on veroboard – no printed circuit board making skills needed
- PIC based dual oscillator and digital keyboard scan
- Analog VCF/VCA/Envelope
- Waveforms : sawtooth, square (with pulse width adjust), triangle
- Fully adjustable detune
- New: Cool Arpeggiator
- New: Portamento
- Expandable, first two modules shown below
- Total cost estimate $89
More info is available at the PICSynth site.