Roland has announced the SP-404SX, an update to the Roland SP-404.
The new model offers enhanced sound quality with 16-bit linear sampling, improved DSP effects, smooth FX switching, a more versatile pattern sequencer (with a new shuffle feature), and easier data management with SD-card compatibility.
- Sample anytime, anywhere with the built-in mic and battery power.
- 29 DSP effects, including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, and looper.
- 3 control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and Sub Pad for rapid repeat triggering.
- Seamless effects switching for smooth, perfect performance.
- Pattern sequencer with quantize mode and new shuffle feels.
- 1GB SD card included; expand sample storage up to 32GB with SDHC.
- Import audio files from computer, assign samples to pads with bundled software (Mac/PC).
If you’ve used the Roland SP-404SX Performance Sampler, leave a comment with your thoughts!
The SP-404SX includes 29 DSP effects — including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, and looper — that switch seamlessly for a smooth performance. Twelve trigger pads, three control knobs, and a Sub Pad for rapid triggering allow DJs, musicians, and sound engineers to trigger samples and jingles and apply effects on the fly at the club, gig, or theater.
The built-in microphone, simple user interface, and optional battery operation enable recording with the SP-404SX anywhere inspiration strikes. It is also easy to import samples and utilize the high quality effects onboard for sound design or unique live performance purposes. The more versatile pattern sequencer now includes an improved quantize mode with new shuffle feel for intuitive, non-stop loop recording.
The SP-404SX will be available in October with an MSRP of $465.50.