Use An IPAD As A MIDI Controller With Ableton Live

YouTube Preview Image

iPad Music Software: Ryan Noise demonstrates his approach to using an iPad as a MIDI controller with Ableton Live 8

via dripatlanta:

How to use APPLE IPAD to control Ableton Live wireless using “Midi , OSC, OSCulator, Touchosc and Python script.

21 thoughts on “Use An IPAD As A MIDI Controller With Ableton Live

1. Why would you intentionally choose to be ignorant of what’s going on on the iPad?

If you don’t want to buy one – that’s great – but I don’t get the iPad hate.

2. yea nonody wants to hear about every app on the ipad for music making or controlling but id prob would have been to hard to group them all together but for some reason i want to still try one out even though i got better things i should be savin up for like a Buchla 200e

3. In regards to the iPad hate- I personally loathe how Apple is exploiting consumerism in America. They have the ability to further mankind's grasp on technology by leaps and bounds, yet hold back so that they can have a constant revenue stream with their first generation, second generation shenanigans.

Yes, it's the new shiny toy and a great piece of technology, I'm just an asshole :P To each their own, though!

4. I, for one, enjoy hearing about these new music-oriented iPad apps. Almost no other site sees this thing for the major music tool it could prove to be.

iPad news will slow down in a few days – relax and go enjoy the near-embargo of all things iPad over at CDM til then. We'll help you catch up when you get back ;^)

5. I, for one, enjoy hearing about these new music-oriented iPad apps. Almost no other site sees this thing for the major music tool it could prove to be.

6. I don't own an ipad, I don't own an iphone and I can be one of the more critical dudes around. But please; don't shoot the messenger.

Since the ipad is the new kid on the block its only natural that lots of new stuff will pop up shortly after another. I do agree that whenever you see somewhat similar iphone and ipad stories you may get to think that the Synthtopia website is into Mac (and even if he/she/they is/are: so what? Do YOU pay him for his work, I'm sure I don't <grin>)

Still; I'm not around that long but I have seen moments where most stories would go on about new stuff with Ableton Live (esp. during the holiday season last year). So now he's a Live aholic as well?

Dudes.. This site is about synths, not the stuff it runs on. So if 4 new synths are released for the ipad platform within a week I think they should be listed on Synthtopia. Just like I'd expect to read about new and major developments about $(your DAW name here), even though they happen 3 days within one week.

7. I don't own an ipad, I don't own an iphone and I can be one of the more critical dudes around. But please; don't shoot the messenger.

8. I tried this and once again aBUGton Live 8 freezes when any controller tries to be recognized.

9. iPad is a new platform withe exciting new features (multi touch screen etc). There are many developers creating music making apps for it so it HAS TO appear frequently in Synthtopia posts. It is inevitable for a music-tech blog that respects its readers and that's what Synthtopia is. Please don't get the iPad hate!

10. iPad is a new platform withe exciting new features (multi touch screen etc). There are many developers creating music making apps for it so it HAS TO appear frequently in Synthtopia posts. It is inevitable for a music-tech blog that respects its readers and that's what Synthtopia is. Please don't get the iPad hate!

11. In regards to the iPad hate- I personally loathe how Apple is exploiting consumerism in America. They have the ability to further mankind's grasp on technology by leaps and bounds, yet hold back so that they can have a constant revenue stream with their first generation, second generation shenanigans.

12. In regards to the iPad hate- I personally loathe how Apple is exploiting consumerism in America. They have the ability to further mankind's grasp on technology by leaps and bounds, yet hold back so that they can have a constant revenue stream with their first generation, second generation shenanigans.

13. I enjoy my Ipad. I got it as soon as possible and do not regret it at all. Its so delightful to use and the technology is excellent. I use it most every minute.