The Moog Slim Phatty synthesizer has been generating a lot of discussion over the last few days, based on just a blurry snapshot of catalog advertisement and an $800 price tag.
Now here are a couple of juicy shots of the Slim Phatty synth that offer a detailed look at the new Moog. Click on the photos to see HD versions.
- Two Oscillators
- 24 dB/Oct Moog Ladder filter with filter Overload control and a single Output VCA
- External Audio Input and CV Inputs for Pitch, Filter, Volume and Keyboard Gate
- An Envelope Generator section provides two ADSR Envelopes
- MIDI over USB
- The Modulation section contains a 4-waveform LFO, and a 1×2 Mod Bus with 8 possible mod sources and 4 possible destinations
- Master Volume control, Fine Tune, an Output On/Off switch, and a headphone output jack
- New sound bank
- Universal Internal Power Supply
- The Slim Phatty is 17 ” wide. If rack mounted, the Slim only takes up 3 rack spaces and 4 5/16? deep.
- The SlimPhatty can be played from the front panel, accessed with any MIDI controller, or used as a voice expander with a Little Phatty, Minimoog Voyager, or Moog’s other synths.
The Moog SlimPhatty lists for $849, but at least some retailers are listing it at $800. Moog expects it bo be available in the US before the holidays and January 2011 in Europe.
Check out the photos and let us know what you think of the new Slim Phatty synth!
Here are official audio demos of the new Slim Phatty: