The RPM Challenge – an annual event where you compete against procrastination to complete an album of music in one month – is on.
Here’s how it works:
- Recording can only be done in the month of February ? no prerecorded songs.
- All material must be previously unreleased, and we encourage you to write the material during February too.
- Participating bands get their own page on the site, which you can blog to as much as you want. You also get access to the band-only discussion board, where you can swap ideas, resources, etc., and the ability to e-mail and private message with the other participants.
- All the completed albums may be put up in the jukebox on the website so people can check it out; conversely, if you?d rather not share your work with the public, then no one needs to hear it but us.
- Write some instrumentals, split up the songwriting duties amongst band members, form an RPM side project, write songs on the piano or clarinet instead of your primary instrument, make that metal album you?ve always wanted to – buy a ukulele! Just do your best to make the best album you can. Be unafraid.
If any Synthtopia readers are taking part in the RPM Challenge, or if you just use it as inspiration to finish your album, leave a comment to let us know about it – or to just pimp your new album!