UK MIDI specialists Kenton have introduced MIDI USB Host – a way to connect any ‘Class Compliant’ USB device to a standard 5-pin DIN MIDI device without the need for a computer.
This lets you, for example, connect a USB controller or keyboard directly to another MIDI instrument that has only a 5-pin DIN MIDI connection.
- Power Input: 5V DC (regulated) ? use only the supplied adaptor
- Power: 90mA, 2.1mm plug (centre positive) ? 510mA available for attached USB device
- MIDI ports: 1 x In, 1 x Out (both 5-pin DIN)
- Weight: 100g (excluding power supply)
- Dimensions: 110 x 55 x 32 mm
- Power supply: A 5V power supply appropriate to the destination country is supplied with the unit.
- Leads: No leads are supplied with the unit
The Kenton MIDI USB Host is available now for £70 (ex. VAT), £84 (inc. VAT).