Moog Music’s Animoog synth for the iPad has been updated.
Here’s what’s new in Animoog 1.0.1:
- Background audio support
- Record module now has a 4 beat count-in with optional beep (configured on Setup page)
- Also on Setup page, a new Random Preset button (warning: dangerously addictive)
- Timbres page: ‘Preview’ button, select timbres silently or select & preview them audibly
- Multi-mode knobs are now easier to adjust
- Network MIDI session now enabled by default.
- Memory leak on switching page views was causing crashes
- MIDI Clock Sync much smoother
- MIDI note to KB display mapping is now correct
- Handles MIDI NoteOn w/ velocity 0 as a NoteOff.
Animoog was already a favorite with Synthtopia readers. Background audio support is a welcome addition, though, and the Random Preset function will probably cause the loss of countless hours of readers’ time.
And Animoog is still $.99 in the App Store.
Check it out and let us know what you think of the update!