PowerFX has introduced a new virtual vocalist, Oliver, based on a 12 year-old choir boy.
Oliver is a Vocaloid 3 virtual instrument, doing vocal synthesis based on a sampled vocalist.
- Piano-roll style note editor, importing functionality from a standard MIDI file (limited for 1 track and 17 bars).
- Inputting lyrics and automatic conversion to phonemes.
- Assigning musical expression templates from an Icon Palette.
- Sending notes, lyrics and musical expression to the Synthesis Engine as set forth below and activating synthesis.
- Saving vocal data as a wave file.
- Changing synthesis parameters.
- Effects (Reverb only).
- Playback .wav files.
Oliver is available now for US $129. See the PowerFX site for an audio demo and details.