Serato has released Serato Video – a software plug-in for Scratch Live and ITCH that lets you manipulate video playback with Serato Control Vinyl, CDs or an ITCH Controller.
- Add video clips to your Scratch Live or ITCH performance.
- View loaded clips and output from your computer.
- Manipulate playback with Serato control records, CDs or with your ITCH controller of choice.
- Use built in transitions and effects including text and image effects.
- Enrich your set with audio responsive effects, including bass zoom and splits, that are controlled by analyzing the music signal.
- Preview and manage video files in both the ITCH and Scratch Live offline players.
- Use Video Instant Doubles to play the same video and effects on a second deck.
- Store effects within each video file for instant recall.
- Setup different output configurations (Output Only, L/R prefader or all 3 outputs) for greater flexibility when video mixing externally.
- Utilize 3rd party controllers with Serato Video’s MIDI control in Scratch Live.
Here’s the official intro video, featuring Fatboy Slim:
“Over the years the visual element has kind’ve grown and technology’s just allowed us to do more than just standing there playing records. So the big break through for me was when I ditched vinyl and started using Serato. Introducing the video element was a way of making the show bigger.”
Serato Video is available from the Serato online store for US $149. If you are an existing Video-SL customer, Serato Video is a FREE upgrade. A demo version is available.