All Analog Live Synth Jam

Sunday Synth Jam: Kebu performs Interlude #4 & The Lunar Effect, live at Kulttuuritalo Dux, Kristiinankaupunki, 18th of May 2012.

Technical details below.

The tunes were performed using only analog synthesizers, either played live or sequenced. Equipment used: Roland TR-808, Juno 60, Alpha Juno 1; Korg Micro-preset M500, Polysix, Poly-61, PE-2000; Moog Source; Jomox Air Base 99; Oberheim Matrix 6R; MAM MB33 II; Yamaha RM1x (only for MIDI sequencing); Behringer DDX3216; Lexicon MPX500, as well as a midi patchbay, CV/gate converters, and additional preamps for my mixer.

via kebunator

9 thoughts on “All Analog Live Synth Jam

1. I think people were too critical of Kebu’s Jarre tribute – just sit back and enjoy the lovely sounds. ;-)

Oh yeah, and bring on the analog eurodance!

2. He should start playing something new.
    His old titles have some kind of experimental character.
    The “Analog Pop Classic” style is a good way to go further.

3. I really enjoyed this.
    I think he should get a band. This would be better without sequenced stuff.

4. Kebu, do you create your own music? Your covers are excellent, I imagine your originals to be superb.

5. I think those tracks in the video are in fact his own. They are available on his CD as well, where the liner note says “all songs composed by Kebu”.

6. It’s interesting to compare this to the digital/VA version:

I think the analog version wins, but the S30 version is still pretty good!