Developer Giel Bremmers has released MultitrackStudio for iPad – an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app. Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum and score editors.
- Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
- Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
- One effect return section.
- One master section.
- Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
- Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pseudo Stereo, Reverb, Saturator, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
- MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible) and one CoreMIDI output device.
- MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, drum and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device.
- Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
- Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
- Exports .wav and .mid files
- Exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song in MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
The developer notes that MultitrackStudio for iPad does NOT currently support Bluetooth audio devices, AudioCopy, AudioBus or inter-app audio.
MultitrackStudio for iPad is available in the App Store.