At Musikmesse 2014: Today gear maker M-Audio introduced a new series of Oxygen controllers.
The Oxygen series, available in 25-, 49- or 61-key models, combines a velocity-sensitive keybed with a series of 8 trigger pads for launching audio clips, triggering percussion sounds and more. Control capabilities expand with 8 assignable knobs for adjusting plugin parameters and mixing tasks.
The Oxygen 25 (pictured, right) features an assignable master fader, while the Oxygen 49 and Oxygen 61 (top right) provide 9 total faders for “virtually limitless” MIDI manipulation. Each keyboard in the series features an LCD screen and transport controls for seamless operation with digital audio software. A 6.3mm (1/4-inch) sustain input jack is built in for expressive performances.
Every keyboard in the Oxygen series includes a powerful software package for creating music right away, including Ableton Live Lite, and spectral-morphing soft synth Twist from SONiVOX.
Oxygen Series Highlights:
- 25, 49 or 61 full size, synth-action velocity-sensitive keys
- 8 velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching and more
- 8 assignable knobs for mixing and tweaking plugins
- 9 assignable faders on the Oxygen 49 (pictured, right), and Oxygen 61
- Transport controls allow the user to operate their DAW without reaching for the mouse
- Auto-maps to popular DAWs: Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase
- LCD screen for instant parameter feedback
- USB powered: a single cable provides power and MIDI connectivity
- Works with Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit (not included) for use with iOS
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- Includes SONiVOX Twist spectral morphing synthesizer
Pricing and Availability. The new M-Audio Oxygen 25, Oxygen 49, and Oxygen 61 controller keyboards will be available later this summer with a “street” price of $99, $149, and $199 USD, respectively. More information can be found on the M-Audio website.