Bitwig has announced that Bitwig Studio, the highly anticipated and long-gestating new DAW, is now available for Linux, Mac & Windows.
Here’s the text of their announcement:
The Bitwig Team would like to take this special moment to thank you. Your excitement and encouragement brought us to a great milestone today. Bitwig Studio 1.0 is an extraordinary product of hard work over the past few years, dedicated to offering a new solution to musicians everywhere, and a promise of great things to come.
We will continue to push forward with new ideas, and we welcome your support and feedback in the future.
Claes, Dom, Fredrik, Falko, Genys, Mea, Placidus, Nick, Nick M, Rade, Seba, and Volker.
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, OS X, Linux).
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio world and beyond.
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support.
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32-/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.
- Proprietary time-stretching technology.
- Unlimited Audio Tracks.
- Unlimited Effect Tracks.
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays.
- Unlimited Note Tracks.
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins.
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control.
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine.
- Record and edit both track and clip automation in absolute and relative modes.
- Support for numerous MIDI controllers out of the box.
- Multiple tools for specific tasks and editing workflows.
- Macro Controls per device, as well as dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance.
- Advanced layered editing.
- Open Controller API: Lets you create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of Bitwig Studio.
- File import: WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis.
- A PDF Manual is included with the Bitwig Studio application in English and Japanese.
Here’s our interview from NAMM with Bitwig’s Dominik Wilms, who explains what makes Bitwig Studio unique and why you should check it out:
Bitwig Studio is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, priced at US $399 / 299 EUR. See the Bitwig site for more info.
If you’ve used Bitwig Studio, let us know what you think of it!