Okaynokay has introduced Seaquence – a new iOS music app that lets you compose with collections of musical ‘creatures’.
As the virtual creaturs ‘swim around’ your view, the app generates a spatialized mix, resulting in organic sounding compositions. Seaquence is designed to be ‘visually immersive and sonically dynamic’.
The app is a free download from the App Store, with an In-App purchase that unlocks deeper capabilities.
Features (Free Version):
- Fully featured polyphonic synthesis module with support of up to 5 note polyphony per voice
- Dynamic spatial mixer and stereo-panning engine
- A true multitouch experience, up to 11 simultaneous touch points supported.
- Unique swimming physics and swim behaviors — swim patterns are based on synth voice parameters
- Up to 8 voices can be heard simultaneously
- Precision, sample-based clock and sequencing engine
- Intuitive visual multitouch voice editor
- 16×16 multitouch sequencer matrix
- Chromatic scale editor
- Octave editor
- Amplitude envelope + length (ADSR+L) with curves and “hold”
- 5 oscillator waveform shapes: Square, Saw, Tri, Sin, Noise
- Social sharing features — Get a link to share your creations to friends
- Parent links are maintained — trace back the history of a composition, see who remixed your creations
Features of Seaquence Complete (In-App Purchase):
- State-variable filter with hi-pass, band-pass, lo-pass, and notch modes
- Filter attack envelope with resonance Q and curve editor.
- Note step editor: 1/1 to 1/64, including triplets
- Global transpose
- Portamento/Glide with curve editor
- Additional voice modes in addition to Polyphonic:
- Monophonic with sub-oscillator tuned to a 5th
- Unison with Detune
- Delay FX module with feedback and individual voice FX-Send
- MIDI Notes In/Out: Send/Receive MIDI notes from external gear, up to 16 MIDI channels, addressable per voice
- MIDI Ctrl In/Out: Send/Receive MIDI ctrl data from external gear, up to 16 MIDI channels, addressable per voice
- MIDI clock sync: master or slave