SKYLIFE today introduced the stand-alone version of WaveRobot 5, a stand-alone graphical loop and transient finder that was formerly only available in combination with SampleRobot.
WaveRobot is designed to streamline creating perfect loops. After loading a sample or beat, the Auto-Search function will automatically deliver the five best results for looping the audio file. After export one, can use the loop in any other audio application, since all edits like auto-gain crossfades are rendered.
There is even a backward-forward loop option, with 2 crossfades available, to loop sounds that alter in level over time. This function can be used to produce ‘cool drones and unheard beats’.
WaveRobot offers special graphical features to speed up the workflow. There is a high-speed zoom to sample level, loop and stereo waveform overlay views, markers that snap to zero crossings and a beat and tempo display. When changing loop markers, one can lock tempo or the number of beats to see in realtime how changing the loop length will affect tempo and metrum.
Roughly edited samples can be truncated precisely with WaveRobot’s Auto-Note feature that detects the sound transients and chops off all unwanted silence automatically.
- Sophisticated loop searching based on editable search markers.Automatic transient recognition for truncating of samples.
- Direct playback of the 5 best loop search results.
- Graphical loop overlay for visual loop editing.
- Supersize WaveRobot window (up to 3200 x 2000 pixels).
- Export full samples or just the loops in WAV or AIFF format.
- Realtime BPM and Beats display while loop editing.
- Silence markers for noise threshold definition.
- Fast zooming from sample level to wave overview.
- Marker auto-snap to zero-crossings.
- Loop modes: x-fade and backward-forward with 2 crossfades.
- Many Autogain crossfade types like lin, log, exp, sin.
- Pristine rendering of crossfades and backward-forward loops.
- Overlay of left and right waveforms to see zero crossings.
- Automatic loop click and pop reduction.
- Includes new premium multisamples in Soundfont2 format.
- Optimized graphical user interface.
- Compatible with Mac OS Sierra and Windows 10.
- Batch edit functionality in conjunction with SampleRobot
Mac: OS Sierra (10.6.8 and higher also supported). Mac OS X installation uses the Wine framework.
PC: Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
Pricing and Availability:
WaveRobot 5 is available for 79$ / 69€ / 75£ from the SKYLIFE site.