Akai Professional has announced a major firmware update for the the MPC Live and MPC X that delivers new features for audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level for manipulating loops and hits on each pad within a drum program, improved Program and Audio editing, Bluetooth 4.0 MIDI capability and enhanced support for storage expansion/external drives.
Another huge new addition to 2.0.5 is Ableton Link support, the first time ever on a standalone hardware unit. MPC users can now synchronize and play back audio in real time.
- Ableton Link via Wi-Fi – Sync MPC with any Link-enabled apps and devices for cross-platform collaboration.
- Bluetooth 4.0 MIDI support – Controllers such as the LPK25 Wireless and LPD8 Wireless can now be used to control MPC instruments and kits
- Audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level within a drum program
- Improved Audio and Program Editing
- Enhanced Support for Storage Expansion – Hard Drives can now be formatted using the MPC
Ableton Link Demos: