Polyend has updated their Seq hardware step sequencer to version 1.3, adding randomization features, scales per track, chords per step and more.
Here’s what’s new in Seq 1.3:
- Scales. Assignable music scale per track, with choice of thirty-nine different scales.
- Chords per step. Added polyphony per step, choose from twenty predefined chords.
- More randomization. Developed randomization options. Set if randomization influences: modulation, velocity and humanization (step nudge) parameters. When randomizing steps on track with applied music scale, notes are scattered in between the range of two octaves (one up, one down with a root note in the middle).
- Gate length. Added gate time per step.
- Perfected knob physics for modulation, velocity and CC parameters.
- Shortened time of track lengths displays after change applies. Also, reduced track length led brightness.
Key Seq features:
- 8 tracks with 32 steps each
- 256 pattern memory
- On the fly track parameter Randomization
- Live sequence recording with external device via MIDI
- Step parameters: Note, Velocity, Length, Modulation, Roll
- Independent track play mode (Normal, Reversed, Pingpong, Random)
- Track parameters: Length, Velocity, MIDI Channel, MIDI out
- All parameter changes are automatically saved
- Pattern chaining
See the Polyend site for details on the update.