At the 2018 NAMM Show, Yamaha announced a free tool for Montage owners that makes it easy to sample just about anything and make your samples playable on the Montage.
SampleRobot Pro MONTAGE Edition allows automatic sampling from any acoustic or electronic instrument. SampleRobot turns the samples it captures into a ready-to-play Montage Performance. The integrated WaveRobot software also finds ideal loop points, even for whole multi-samples with different velocity layers during recording.
At the NAMM Show, we talked with Christian Halten, who gave us a quick demo of how SampleRobot works.
- Fully automatic sampling of MIDI sound devices
- Semi-automatic sampling of sound sources that are not equipped with a MIDI interface
- Fully automated sampling of VST- and AU-instruments
- Streamlined and easy to use graphical interface
- Windows WDM support
- Core Audio support
- ASIO 2.2 support
- Preset manager: over 80 sampling presets for different instruments and situations included; user presets can be created easily
- Automatic output of velocity, after touch, MIDI controllers, program change to record all sound nuances
- Non-destructive graphical loop and marker editing with full zoom functionality (including overlapping the stereo left and right waveforms)
- MIDI monitor
- Auto functions and user macros for recording format and length, editing, normalizing, fading samples
- Automatic creation of crossfade loops, backward-forward loops and combinations
- Auto arrangement and mapping of multi-samples and release-samples including key maps with velocity splits and real time MIDI controller assignment
- Release-sample support
- Sampling of Windows audio streams, played by other applications in the background
- Pitch information read and write (WAV files)
Pricing and Availability
SampleRobot Pro MONTAGE Edition will be available in April, 2018 as a free download from the Yamaha site. The full version of SampleRobot Pro is also available to anyone for US $269, via the SampleRobot site.