On the latest Apple computers, FireWire 400 and 800 ports have been superseded by Thunderbolt ? a new, high-speed serial interface developed by Intel and Apple.
Focusrite has announced that their Saffire FireWire interfaces can be connected to a Thunderbolt-equipped computer using a FireWire 400-800 cable (included with all Saffire interfaces later this year) and the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter, available inexpensively from Apple and third parties. Saffire interfaces are 100% compatible with Thunderbolt using this adaptor. Continue reading
2013 NAMM Show: Focusrite has announced the Scarlett 18i20 - a new audio interface that offers 18 inputs and 20 outputs.
Audio interface manufacturer Focusrite has announced its new Scarlett Studio home studio kit, which includes all the gear required to record musical tracks, including a fully-featured music software suite that works with both the Mac or PC.
- Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: A two-in, two-out USB 2.0 audio interface that features a pair of Focusrite preamps. Scarlett 2i2 offers 24-bit/96kHz A-D/D-A conversion, plus analogue and digital circuit design from input to output “to ensure pristine audio quality throughout.”
- Scarlett Studio CM25 Microphone: This tailored large-diaphragm electret condenser microphone captures sound from a wide range of sources sources, from vocals to violins to guitar amps, thanks to its cardioid pickup pattern and frequency response of 30Hz to 20kHz. A 3m XLR-XLR microphone cable is also included.
- Scarlett Studio HP60 Headphones: Large drivers and a closed-back design allow you to monitor mixes accurately and overdub vocals and instruments with minimum spill. Frequency response of 10Hz to 30kHz.
- Scarlett Studio Software Suite: Focusrite has teamed up with Steinberg to include Cubase LE 6 music production software. Record up to 16 tracks of audio and 24 tracks of MIDI, and run VST audio instruments and effects, such as the compressor, reverb, gate and EQ processors included in the Focusrite Scarlett plug-in bundle. Novation’s Bass Station soft synth is also included, as well as over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
UK audio engineering manufacturer Focusrite today announced its latest USB 2.0 bus-powered interface, Scarlett 2i4.
Designed for Mac and PC, Scarlett 2i4 features a pair of Focusrite?s award-winning mic pres with mic, line and high-impedance instrument inputs. It has precision converters ? with up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution ? and is capable of a dynamic range in excess of 105dB on record and playback.
British audio gear manufacturer Focusrite has debuted a new interface for recording on the iPad. The iTrack Solo is a compact, aluminium-cased 2-channel interface for the iOS platform.
The iTrack Solo is a dual-input audio interface designed for recording instruments and vocals via iPad, (or with a Mac or PC computer). The interface is compatible with GarageBand and other popular recording apps, and it can be used on a Mac or PC with up to 24- bit/96kHz digital performance.
- Focusrite microphone input: iTrack Solo draws on Focusrite?s 25 years of expertise in high-performance pro-audio
- Made for iPad (MFi). Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows: Record with many apps including GarageBand ? with up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling
- Direct connections for microphone and instrument: Plug electric, electroacoustic or bass guitar and microphone into the front panel to record
- Signal halos for level and clip indication: Two lights surround the input level knobs to ensure you are recording at the correct volume
- Connect directly to a loudspeaker system: Rear panel phono connectors provide line level outputs to an audio system for playback
- Aluminium unibody case: Roadworthy protection for even the most adventurous musician.
British audio equipment manufacturer Focusrite has launched Forte, its new flagship portable audio interface. Forte pairs Focusrite’s analogue audio circuit design with digital conversion technologies.
Forte is a two-input, four-output USB 2.0 audio interface that works with both Mac and PC. It has two remote control mic preamps, as used in Focusrite’s RedNet range of professional audio interfaces, and uses 24-bit/192kHz A-D/D-A converters. The Forte features a color Organic LED (OLED) display to indicate input and output signal levels, mic preamp gain and other information. A single knob operates in conjunction with touch-sensitive icon buttons to control input and output levels, and DAW control parameters.
- Premium two-input, four-output USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac and PC
- Mic preamp performance with 75dB gain range (0-75dB)
- ADC (117dB A-weighted) and DAC (118dB A-weighted) Color OLED screen with motion graphics to show input and output signal levels
- Multi-function touch icons and scroll wheel with DAW control functions