The New Sound of Music is a vintage BBC documentary (1979) that looks at the development of recorded music, from the first barrel organs, pianolas, the phonograph, the magnetic tape recorder on to the concepts of musique concrete and electronic music.
This video, via ohdratdigital, takes a look at creating unique sounds in Ableton Live, using complex waveforms from your samples or tracks.
Radiophonica (WFRP001) is the first title in UK sound designer Ian Boddy?s Waveforms series of independent downloadable sample libraries.
Radiophonica provides a library of sounds that recall the BBC Radiophonic Workshops early work on seminal TV programmes like Doctor Who; as such, they embrace those appealing analogue, organic, retro scifi sounding characteristics of early synthesiser soundtracks.
All 200 samples 24-bit/44.1kHz mono WAV, crossfade looped where appropriate were created using Boddy’s personal collection of old(er) and new(er) analogue synthesisers (Roland System 100-M, Analogue Systems RS Integrator, Doepfer A-100, Analogue Solutions Concussor, EMS VCS3, Moog Minimoog, Metasonix TM-2) and recorded directly into an Apple Mac running Logic Studio via an RME Fireface 400 FireWire audio interface with additional EQ or compression processing provided where appropriate using Audio Ease PeriScope, Waves Renaissance Compressor, and Waves L1 Ultramaximizer. All audible flanging, phasing, reverb, or echo effects are from the various analogue components of the modular systems themselves for absolute audio authenticity. Continue reading
Galbanum has introduced Architecture Waveforms Cakewalk Edition, a collection of over 2,500 meticulously designed wavetables provided in standard .Wav sample format for use in Cakewalk Rapture, Cakewalk Dimension Pro and other supported synths and samplers.
The collection offers:
- Vast expansion of available timbre pallet for wavetable synths
- Newly developed timbres offering fresh, unique starting points which stand out from the competition
- Transformation of sampler instruments into synth instruments
- Bleeding-edge sound-design using complex waveforms as modulation sources and other advanced techniques
- Algorithmically developed content that is mathematically perfect and the highest fidelity of anything similar in the market
- The largest and most diverse collection of its kind on the market
This product is supported and co-marketed by Cakewalk and Galbanum. In supported Cakewalk products it provides the following benefits:
- A simple and inexpensive method of quickly and effortlessly expanding the awesome potential of supported Cakewalk products
- Perfect integration into Rapture, Dimension Pro, and other synths and samplers allowing easy navigation and management
- Complex waveforms that retain full detail in bass range, and are transposed and perfectly anti-aliased by Rapture’s industry leading synthesis engine, providing the cleanest and highest fidelity use of the Architecture Waveforms to date
*A limited number of exclusive waveforms available only for the Cakewalk edition
Galbanum Architecture Waveforms were originally developed for Architecture Volume One, a massive 8GB resource DVD for U&I Software’s Metasynth, and contained over 1,000 waveforms. These waveforms were then translated for NI Absynth, and licensed in part by NI for use in Massive. Galbanum continues to update and expand this collection and this edition is effectively the third version of the library. The total number of Waveforms for this version of the collection is now over 2,500. It offers some very interesting new categories and vastly expands on the some of the previous ones.
Architecture Waveforms Cakewalk Edition is priced at $29.95 and is available for direct download.
Crossgrade discounts are available to existing Galbanum customers who have previously purchased other versions of Galbanum’s Architecture Waveforms. Architecture Waveforms Cakewalk Edition is also distributed through the official Cakewalk webstore.