Cinematique Instruments has released Experimental Box, a collection of rhythms, ambiences and instruments assembled from glitch, noise, hiss, hum and other weird and bizarre sounds, to create a tool for writing experimental and minimal music.
Experimental Box focuses on aspects of glitch, minmal and noise music and gives you a full toolbox of ingredients for cacophony, dissonance, atonality, noise, glitch, machines, hum, and repetition.
The rhythms, ambients and instruments of the Experimental Box were assembled from unique sounds such as stations-announcements, trains, paper crumpling, acoustic and electronic noise, station hum, underground-railway noise, pneumatic doors, crown cap shaking, glitches, noise, hiss, hum and other weirdness.
Check out the demos at the Cinematique site.
- Brakes & Noises: Screaming brakes of an underground railway and noise ambience sent through a tape delay.
- Clashing Rails: Screaming rails and station ambience including an announcement gong. Modwheel switches between the two scenarios.
- Cuts Cap & Paper: A couple of tempo-synced loops: Crone-Cap shaking, Paper crumpling, Tapping the strings of a guitar and Steps in leaves. You can control the filter, delay and reverb and a quarter note gate.
- Electro Wrong: An eighth note gated distorted alarm sound.
- Frog Angels: Kind of whistling/ kazoo sound mixed with electronic filtered noise. Modwheel changes between the two ambiences.
- Harmonize Arp: Lot hum through an arpeggiator with 6 presets.
- Lonesomescape: Different recordings of synthetic generated noise and sine oscillators. Low and deep!
- Noisescape: Different recordings of a busy lot and a sample of a station hum manipulated by filter and gates.
- Railway Slices: A couple of samples and recordings of trains and underground railways of cologne as well as station announcements in German and English.
- Reverse Garden: A combination of autoharp and psaltery fragments mixed up with a “bad” synthetic sound.
- Western Dirt: A dirty, dry muted E-guitar with 3 Round Robin variations, additional noise, scratch and attack recordings. It´s easy to edit the delay (amount, speed and feedback) and reverb (amount).
- ZW Expressive: A very expressive and percussive variation of our Zeitter & Winkelmann Piano.
Experimental Box retails for 19 EUR.
Note: Kontakt 3 or higher full version is required.