AKAI has announced that the AKAI MPC2500SE will be shipping in early 2010.
The Akai Professional MPC2500 SE Special Edition Music Production Center combines a 64-Track MIDI Sequencer with a 32-voice 16bit Stereo Digital Sampler. The MPC is a rock solid sequencing and drum programming machine with 16 velocity and pressure sensitive rubber pads. The unit allows you to sample more efficiently. This composition center is contained in one extremely powerful desktop unit.
The Akai MPC2500SE Special Edition Main Features Include:
- Large graphic LCD display based on the friendly user interface of the MPC series MPC’s iconic “feel” and “groove”
- Velocity and pressure sensitive pads allow for expressive programming, with more pad banks
- New Features such as Chopshop, Patched Phrase, Grid Edit, Effect and LFO sync, Mixer Automation, and Input Thru Expanded Linear/Pattern-based 100,000 notes, 64-track sequencer and 64 external MIDI channels
- 32-voice, 16bit drum sampler equipped with 16MB of RAM with ability to hold 128 RAM
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Built-in USB Slave port for connection to a Windows or Mac OS computer
- Built-in 10 analog outputs
- 2 1/4” stereo analog inputs and outputs with 16bit/44.1kHz sampling
- Master/Slave synchronization capabilities: MIDI clock
- 2 Assignable Footswitch inputs
- Optional user installable Internal hard drive to store custom sound libraries and sequences
- Optional user installable CD-RW/DVD drive
The MPC2500 is expected to be available in January.