Congratulations are in order for developer Jörg Schaaf of Radikal Technologies, who not only debuted one of the most interesting new synthesizers of Musikmesse 2010 – but he also single-handedly introduced an entirely new form of wankery to the world of keyboard performance.
This quick demo video, via via Moogulator, shows Schaaf demonstrating the new Radikal Technologies Accelerator Synthesizer.
The Accelerator is an impressive polyphonic synth – with eight subtractive voices, that each feature three oscillators, two multimode filters, 6 envelope generators, three voice LFOs and one section LFO.
What the Radikal Accelerator is going to get the most attention for, though, is its 3D sensor.
The sensor converts movements of the keyboard into modulation data. The 3D sensor lets you control parameters like pitch, the filter frequency or modulation depth by lifting up or shaking the keyboard.
Waving around a polyphonic monster synth may be a little crazy – but it’s also funny, different and new – all good things.
Check out the specs below – and let us know what you think of the Radikal Accelerator and its 3D sensor!
- 3 oscillators with sweepable waveforms, time linearity modulation, phasemodulation, ringmodulation between Oszillator 2+3
- oscillator synchronisation
- 6 envelope generators
- 4 LFOs (3 voice, 1p art LFO)
- \noise with noise filter (multimode filter 12 / 24 dB)
- independent amp EG for noise
- 2 multimodefilter per voice
- LP, HP, BP and Notch with 12/24 dB per filter switchable
- independent oscillator to filter feeds
- serial and parallel filter configurations
- 8 voices (expandable per DSP upgrade)
- categorized randomize sound function
- monochrome graphic display with RGB backlight
- modulationmatrix – 2 FX – arpeggiator
- step sequencer
- split, dual, single and performance mode
- 3D positioning sensor for parameter control
- 61 lightweighted keys with channel aftertouch
- 512 sound memories
- floating point for enhanced dynamic range
- expression pedal input
- footswitch input
- USB (USB MIDI class device)
- two external inputs
- two outputs
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- headphones output
has a 3D Sensor, so this is not a fake, very close to the Spectralis – very HiEnd and fine sounding 3 OSC, 2 Filter Sound Engine with Modulation Sequencer.
by sequencer.de synthesizer database (btw: it’s digital)