Moby put together an old-school rave DJ mix as a guest DJ for the XLR8R podcast:
Here at XLR8R, we’ve been itching for someone to do a classic rave mix, so we figured who better than Moby to put together a pumping session full of hyperactive synth stabs, feel-good piano melodies, whooshing hoover sounds, and endlessly pulsing beats.
To our delight, he was up for the challenge, and the mix does not disappoint.
You can preview Moby’s Old School Rave DJ Mix below.[display_podcast]
- 01 Messiah “Temple of Dreams” (Kickin)
- 02 Mentasm “I Need Release”
- 03 Altern8 “Frequency” (Network)
- 04 N-Joi “Mindflux” (RCA)
- 05 Ragga Twins “Hooligan 69” (Shut Up and Dance)
- 06 Awesome 3 “Don’t Go” (City Beat)
- 07 Moby “Next is the E” (Instinct)
- 08 Hyper Go Go “High” (Hooj Choons)
- 09 Fierce Ruling Diva “You Gotta Believe” (React)
- 10 Bizarre Inc. “Playing With Knives” (Vinyl Solution)
- 11 Messiah “Xeroxed”
- 12 Dream Frequency “Feel So Real” (City Beat)
6 thoughts on “Moby’s Old-School Rave DJ Mix (Free Download)”
Definitely old-school – but I like it!
I love how it starts un-apologetically with a fat Hoover right out of the gate.
Moby has been doing it since day 1. He may have changed a lot since then, but who hasn't?
Classic Rave is coming back! (After the world tires of the 80's craze – it's 90's time again.)
How cool is it that to be able to put your own track in an Old School Rave mix because you were fucking there? My love for Moby waxes and wanes, but the guy put in his time and is a fixture.
I've been high on mid-90s melodic techno recently, like Utah Saints and Psykosonik. In particular, the Hackers and Mortal Kombat soundtracks (which share Orbital's "Halcyon" and Orbital's back with some new tracks tinged with retro influence, whee).
I applaud Moby's continued evolution, altho in recent years, he'd made more subtle changes than wild style shifts.