Basic 64 is a free software synth inspired by the 8-bit sounds of the classic Commodore 64.
According to creator De La Mancha, “It’s not a straight emulation but is based around the SID chip with some extras for that 8-bit retro game sound, lofi gritty noises or just plain oddness.”
- 16, 8 or 6 bit sound quality.
- 3 oscs, each with their own ADSR envelope.
- Oscillators can be sync’d and ring modulated by each other.
- Pitch envelope modulation.
- Pitch wobble option, for subtle instability.
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs to modulate pitch, cut-off and pulse width.
- LFOs have attack/release curves.
- Tempo-sync arpeggiator.
- Flexible routing to state variable filter (LP, HP & BP).
- Envelopes can be reset or continuous at retrigger.
- Monophonic or polyphonic option.
- MIDI learn / MIDI CC support.
- 128 presets by sinkmusic & WhiskeyPriest.
Basic 64 is available now as a free VST synthesizer download for Windows. If you give it a try, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!