HyperSynth has released a v2 update to its Miniak-editor, a Windows software editor for controlling the Akai Miniak synthesizer in your DAW.
Miniak-editor can retrieve presets from Miniak memory or load them from hard drive into the editor. You can send a complete program to Miniak via sysex or change any parameter of synthesizer in real time.
Update details below.
New In Miniak Editor 2.0:
- Added numerical and graphical readout for all envelopes.
- Now mod matrix can be displayed in front panel using new panel switch.
- Added intelligent randomizer.
- Added graphical readout for EX-input balance.
- Added readout for mod matrix level and offset.
- Added readout for filter freq (range 0-10 KHz).
- Added readout for portamento time and “FX1 LFO rate”.
- Added X, Y, Z knobs “mapped to”.
- Added option to set “category” via NRPN.
- Added option to set tracking generator preset.
- Now it is possible to set “FX1 LFO synced rate” via NRPN.
- Now “Load sysex” does not show pop-up screen after opening file and it can be accessible via new “Sysex tools” menu, “Load and Send” acts like the old behavior of “Load sysex” button.
- Added remotely saving Miniak programs in sysex format.
- Added “Save (editor program)” in sysex format.
- Added option to change program name and category in a sysex file.
- Added “Settings” menu.
- Now it is possible to configure editor in a way that it does not load panel-mode and program/bank numbers from preset.
- Added default sysex file with pre-added 12 mod slots (useful for building a patch from scratch without manually adding mod slots in Miniak).
- Fixed minor bug in pre-filter mix balance readout which did not display correct value at the first click.
- Fixed issue in “update mode” auto function that did not force editor to update all parameters via NRPN properly at startup.
- Now if you set “update mode” to manual it will block updating edit buffer at plugin startup too.
- Fixed minor graphical mistake in osc sqr waveshape
- Fixed issue about inverted “pitch wheel mode” after requesting patch.
- Fixed issue about updating “env loop mode” after requesting patch.
- Corrected “OSC fine” default value.
- Now “All notes off” mutes all notes properly.
- Now FX balance, FX1 feedback, vocoder analsis, vocoder bandshift are utilized with centered knob.
- Now selecting program using program knob triggers/sends MIDI bank number too.
- Deleted unusable “Arp module” from GUI.
- Sorted/Renamed parameters names in a way that they are displayed in VST host list properly.
- Updated documentation; PDF.
- Minor GUI enhancements.
The updated Miniak Editor for Windows is available now for $38, or $9.99 for registered users.
6 thoughts on “Akai Miniak Editor Gets Update”
where's the love for the mac users. i love my miniak, but an editor for mac would be nice.
agreed, does anyone know another option that is mac friendly?
micronAU plugin is for mac and it´s free. written for alesis micron, but should also work for miniak.
might seem like a silly question, but how is the miniak connected to the computer for editing if there is no usb port on the miniak? thanks
You connect from PC to synth via MIDI. You can get MIDI to USB cables for less than £10. Then the application sends SYSEX (MIDI messages) to change the patches.