At the 2011 NAMM Show, Korg introduced the Kaoss Pad Quad, the latest version of Korg’s popular touchscreen effects processor.
As suggested by the name “Quad”, the new Kaoss Pad lets you use up to four effects simultaneously. These effects can be sync’ed to the beat of your music, to transform your song in realtime. Any audio source can be processed; an MP3 player, a mixing board, an instrument, even vocals via the mic input.
Kaoss Pad Quad Highlights
- Brilliant, colourful LED touchpad illuminations move in sync with your performance
- Control multiple effects in realtime using the intuitive Kaoss X-Y touchpad
- Create your own Kaoss combinations and use up to four effects at once
- Choose one of five effects from each of four effect groups; a total of 1,295 combinations!
- Freeze button holds the effect settings after you release your finger, for dazzling hands-free use
- Versatile and highly playable effects control, delivering unimaginable expression
- New Looper effects – Forward, Reverse and Slice – add new audio intensity
- Mix it up with new DJ emulation Vinyl Break and Ducking Compressor effects
- Auto BPM engine detection and Tap Tempo functions keep your Kaoss locked to the beat
Pricing is to be determined. It’s expected to be available in March.
Check out the video overview and let us know what you think of the new Korg Kaoss Pad Quad.
Korg Kaoss Pad Quad
The intuitive interface that has helped to make the Korg Kaoss Series so popular is alive and well on the Kaoss Pad Quad. As you tap, slide, or move your finger across the X-Y touchpad, the effect parameters will change, producing dramatic realtime changes in the sound. One big change to the touchpad is brilliant LEDs that light up in an intense variety of colors. The illumination changes depending on the state of the effects, the BPM setting, and on your movements while performing.
Use up to four effects simultaneously for unimaginable expression
As the name suggests, Kaoss Pad Quad lets you simultaneously control up to four effects from the touchpad. Each of the four effect modules – Looper; Modulation; Filter; and Delay/Reverb – contains five options (plus a null, or off position), for a total of 1,295 combinations! Best of all, effects can be chosen directly from the front panel, a more intuitive and physical process than on previous Kaoss Pad models.
By rhythmically adding successive effects, or switching effects on and off as your song progresses, you can use the Kaoss Pad Quad to add variation and development to the structure of your song.
Freeze button offers hands-free effects!
For each of the four effect modules, there’s a Freeze button that memorizes the position at which you’re touching the touchpad, causing that effect to be held even after you release your finger. If you touch the touchpad again while Freeze is enabled, only the non-frozen effects will be controlled. You can achieve even higher levels of performance freedom by using the four Freeze buttons in conjunction with the effect type buttons.