Densitygs has announced iDensity for iPad – a new software synth that brings all the granular synthesis tools of Density/Pulsaret (Mac/Win standalone) to the iPad.
iDensity is real-time software designed for asynchronous sound file granulation, a ‘granular playground’, able to generate a wide range of usual and not so usual effects:
- time/pitch shifting
- time/pitch jittering
- intricate textures
- grain fountain/pulverizer
- recording and manipulation of buffers
- complex scrub pad exploration
- dynamic envelope shape
iDensity allows you to record audio directly with your iPad mic and load up to nine built-in sound sample or add your own WAV, AIFF, CAF, MP3, M4A or MP3 files via iTunes.
With iDensity it is also possible to record the stereo output (of granulation) into the documents folder while scrubbing in the wavepad or moving granulation parameters in real-time. The mixdown/audio results can then be syncronized with/in iTunes.
Control and shape grains, anytime, anywhere with Density for iPad.
- nine built-in sound samples
- record audio directly with iPad mic
- add WAV, AIFF, CAF, MP3, M4A or MP3 files via iTunes
- capture audio output- up to eight shapes for the grain envelope
- record the granulation audio output
- wavePad zoom selection- wavePad scrub
- wavePad peak normalize- etc.
iDensity is available now in the App Store for $8.99.