At the 2012 NAMM Show, Alesis introduced the AmpDock a guitar effect adapter case for the iPad.
The AmpDock houses an iPad or iPad 2 in a durable enclosure that features a locking door, to protect the iPad on all sides.
The AmpDock’s inputs and outputs include a 1/4″ high-impedance guitar input and an XLR-1/4″ combo input for connecting a microphone, a second guitar or another instrument. The AmpDock also includes 1/4″ outputs with Guitar/Mic and Ground Lift switches, so you can connect to your guitar amp or go straight into a PA.
For use with software MIDI applications on your Mac or PC, the AmpDock also includes a USB MIDI port. A headphone output with volume control is also onboard, so you can practice and experiment with your apps at any time, day or night.
The AmpDock also comes with a pedalboard controller, which lets you control volume and other continuous controls, bypass, program changes, and other parameters. You can use the AmpDock with or without its pedalboard controller, and MIDI connections enable you to use the AmpDock with other pedal controllers and MIDI hardware.
- Works with GarageBand, AmpliTube, JamUp, and virtually any audio or CoreMIDI app
- Includes a rugged pedalboard controller with program, effect, bypass, volume and continuous controls
- Guitar Input 1 and switchable Mic/Line/Guitar Input 2; professional outputs, and MIDI jacks
- Kickstand allows for stable positioning on top of guitar amps
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad
- Mountable to a mic stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately)
- 1/4″ high-impedance guitar input and combo input for microphone, second guitar, or another instrument
- 1/4″ outputs with Guitar/Line impedance switch
- Stereo auxiliary outputs for connection to external effects
- Two assignable endless knobs to control parameters in compatible apps
- Analog Input 1, Input 2, Main, and Headphone volume controls
- MIDI input and outputs and USB MIDI jack for use with other controllers and MIDI software or hardware
Pricing and availability are to be announced.