At the 2013 NAMM Show, iConnectivity introduced the iConnectMIDI4+ – an advanced MIDI interface that lets you connect hardware, software and iOS MIDI devices alike.
I had a chance to talk with iConnectivity founder Michael Loh about the new interface, and it’s a big advance over their original MIDI interface. We reviewed the original iConnectMIDI last year and came away impressed.
The new iConnectMIDI4+ is even more powerful, offering four pairs of MIDI IN/Out and support for 8 more MIDI devices via USB. The new interface now can also charge your iDevices as you use them.
And it supports Audio Pass-Through – which lets you do things like route the audio out of your iPad directly into your computer’s DAW. This effectively turns your iPad and its music apps into a tangible VST.
For example, you could use your DAW to sequence an iPad app via MIDI and the iConnectMIDI4+ interface and record the output of your app on the iPad directly in your DAW, with no need for an audio interface.
We’re looking forward to checking this out. Here are the details:
- 4 In & 4 Out Sets of MIDI DIN Connectivity
- Supports 8 additional MIDI devices via USB Host Port + Powered USB Hub
- MultiHost Capability – Connect 3 Computing Devices Directly & More via Network
- Network Connectivity
- Supports MAC, PC, & iOS Computing Devices
- Audio Pass-Through Between Up to 3 Computing Devices
- Integrated MIDI Manager With Snapshot Preset Storage – For MIDI Thru, MIDI Merge, Filtering, and Advanced Routing Control
- USB MIDI Class Compliant
- Supports Over 64 Ports of 16 Channels of MIDI I/O Per Port
- Plug and Play – No Drivers Needed
- Charge iOS Devices
The iConnectMIDI4+ has an MSRP of US $249.99.