Avid today announced the availability of the long-awaited Avid Pro Tools 11.
The update is a major upgrade of its digital audio workstation, with new, “high-powered” audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows.
Here’s what’s new:
- New Avid Audio Engine – Delivers multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 on the same hardware configurations.
- 64-bit architecture – ‘Exponentially’ increases the number of simultaneous virtual instruments and the performance to handle the most sophisticated sessions.
- Offline bounce – Delivers mixes up to 150 times faster than real time.
- Low-latency input buffer – Ensures ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance.
- Dynamic host processing – Maximizes plug-in count by reallocating processing resources as needed.
Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture
- Extended standards support – Features a broad range of built-in metering standards, from peak and average to VU and PPM, to maintain adherence to regional broadcast requirements.
- Gain reduction – Shows gain reduction for all dynamics plug-ins on each channel.
Direct HD video workflows
- Built-in Avid Video Engine – Enables audio post professionals to play and edit a wide range of HD video formats including Avid DNxHD, directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding, using the same core engine as in Media Composer.
- Video interface support – Enables monitoring of DNxHD and QuickTime media through Avid Nitris DX, Avid Mojo DX, and other video interfaces.
Additional information and product specs are available at the Avid site.
Pricing and Availability:
Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 are available for purchase today via the online Avid Store and at Avid resellers worldwide. Pricing is as follows:
- Pro Tools 11 software (full version) — $699 USD
- Pro Tools 10 to 11 upgrade — $299 USD
- Pro Tools 9 to 11 upgrade — $399 USD
- Pro Tools Express to Pro Tools 11 cross grade — $499 USD
- Pro Tools HD 10 to 11 upgrade — $599 USD
- Pro Tools HD 9 to 11 upgrade — $999 USD