Yonac Software has released an update to Magellan, its software synth for iPad.
Key features of Magellan 3.0 include support for Inter-App Audio, iOS 7 compatibility, better MIDI support and more.
Here’s what’s new in Magellan 3.0:
- Inter-App Audio: use Magellan 3.0 as an instrument plugin with Inter-App Audio compatible hosts
- Completely updated & tested for iOS 7!
- More powerful MIDI framework:
- Faster MIDI I/O handling
- Inter-App Audio MIDI support
- Keyboard splitting with settable split in channel, left/right out note ranges, learn & invert
- Improved MIDI-UI interaction
- Import/Export Magellan MIDI CC Maps
- Individual MIDI Out channels for the synth engines
- Individual MIDI In on/off toggles for the synth engines
- Many improvements and new features, including:
- Master FX mix
- Increased max polyphony to 10 per-engine for iPad 2 or newer
- Envelope curve selection for VCA and FM envelopes
- Extended octave range for Osc 3 with key tracking off
- Direct one-touch access to either synth engine’s control panels, arp or cordmaker
- Continuously settable filters tracking
- 59 new modulation outlets for the XY-pad and the modwheels
- Presets now save BPM data
- BPM Lock feature: specifies if you want BPM data to be loaded with a preset
- Bounce whole sequences or individual patterns to audio via Song Library -> Export
- Adjustable touch-velocity sensitivity
- Preset & Bank renaming
- A new free preset bank (“Boleskine”)
- Target-foreground-synth mode for the XY-pad
- One-touch waveform selection
- Continuously adjustable knob response: set to “Fine” to make precise adjustments to a knob-controlled parameter
- UI improvements
- Introducing In-App Purchasing (iOS 6 or later):
- New professional preset packs available for purchase within Magellan’s Store
- Atlantic – 65 new presets from Yonac Inc.
- The Explorer Series from Sunsine Audio – available as individual 64 preset packs or one bundle of 192 presets
- Updates to latest Audiobus & Sonoma SDKs
- Many other improvements
Magellan is available now in the App Store.
If you’ve used Magellan, let us know what you think of it!