Nord has released a free update for the Nord Drum 2 modeling percussion synthesizer.
Here’s what’s new in Nord Drum 2 OS v2.10:
- FM-Synthesis added to the Tone Section, with 6 different FM-algorithms
- MIDI CC-control of all parameters
- A new MIDI Mode that lets you play each channel the Nord Drum 2 in a pitched manner with a MIDI keyboard/sequencer
- Doubled memory capacity – The memory area has been reorganized into 8 banks with 50 program locations each (400 locations in total).
- Nord has introduced the Nord Drum 2 Manager for Mac/Win – easily transfer and backup Nord Drum 2 Banks
- 4 new Filter types in the Noise Section: High Pass 12/24dB, Low Pass 12dB and Band Pass 6dB
- Improved Hand Clap mode
- Dynamic Curves for pads and triggers
See the Nord site for details.
4 thoughts on “Nord Drum 2 Gets Free Update”
This is a fantastic little drum machine but I have been waiting for this, the CC mapping in particular was a glaring omission!
The inclusion of FM makes me very happy and pitched mode is going to turn this into a pretty decent synth as well! Good work Clavia, much appreciated!
Looking forward to getting it installed 🙂
Have ND1, want ND2. Agree, fantastic little drum synth…
Wow. Substantial update. Thank you Clavia
Update done… all went smoothly & all working well.
Very happy with these new features, not had much chance to play yet, but the FM synthesis is bonkers – an inspired addition to an already excellent box!
All the little extras like higher resolution on parameter settings are very welcome too.