This video captures an interview, via Nick Batt and sonicstate, with industrial designer Axel Hartmann.
If you’ve played a synthesizer, there’s a good chance you’ve played one designed by Axel Hartmann. Hartmann is responsible for the industrial design of:
- Waldorf synths, including the MicroWave, Wave, Blofeld and others;
- the Alesis Andromeda Analog Synthesizer;
- the Hartmann Neuron;
- the Access Virus Polar;
- the Moog Little Phatty and Minimoog Voyager XL;
- Arturia’s Origin, Spark & MiniBrute;
- the StudioLogic Sledge;
- the Schmidt Analog Synthesizer;
- and many others.
An interview with one of the most prolific designers to work on synthesizer design – Axel is responsible for the design aspect of many classic synthesizers both hardware and software.