Audio technology company iZotope has released the latest update of their RX series of audio repair tools. iZotope’s RX software “fixes” flawed audio by removing noises, distortions, reverb, and other common audio problems.
Announced earlier this summer, the new RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced tool kits incorporate new workflow-optimizing functionality into audio and video editing.
- Clip Gain: Adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with this non-destructive editing feature.
- Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- RX Connect: Streamline the editing process with a round-trip workflow compatible with industry-standard hosts.
RX 4 Advanced boasts additional time-saving features:
- Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of a mix.
- Ambience Match: Match the environment noise or room tone of two different audio recordings.
- EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.
- Loudness: Process whole program mixes or segments to comply with international industry standards and network-specific guidelines.
Compatibility. Both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced can be used as a standalone audio editor or as a plug-in. Supported plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/ AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit (AU).
Pricing and availability. iZotope RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced are available now. Through September 25, 2014, RX 4 will be available for $299 (Reg. $349/ €285) MSRP, and RX 4 Advanced will be available for $999 (Reg. $1199 / €919) MSRP.
Users of previous RX versions can log in to their iZotope accounts for upgrade information and special upgrade pricing. Customers who purchased RX 3 or RX 3 Advanced after July 1, 2014 will receive a free upgrade upon release.
More information about RX4 and RX4 Advanced available on the iZotope website.