Twisted Electrons has released their newest synthesizer, the TherapSid.
Based on the SID (Sound Interface Design) chip and named for the fearsome long-toothed Therapsid dinosaur, the TherapSid is an “aggressive” synth intended “to create roaring noises that will cut through your mix like razor-sharp claws through a mammoth steak.”
- Compatible with all SIDS
- 3 Oscillators, 4 waveforms per oscillator
- Multimode Filter
- 35 Knobs, 31 Buttons
- SID pcb isolated from main pcb (less noise)
- Switched audio input for running signals through the filter
- 100 Presets
- 3 LFOs: 4 waveforms, 12 target knobs
- 16 Step Modulator: sequence up to 20 knob positions, per step in a snap! Also modulate Ring Mod, Sync and Waveform for all voices.
- Pedal Glide: enable/disable glide with the sustain pedal
- Compatible with free iPad app (pending app store approval)
- Fully MIDI automated (see midi spec. chart in manual)
- Future proof: Firmware updates via sysex
Here’s a demo of the TherapSid’s capabilities:
Here are official audio demos:
Pricing and Availability. Twisted Electrons’ TherapSid synth is available for €399.00 with 6581 SID chip, or €333.00 and you install your own SID chip. (TherapSid is compatible with all variations of the SID chip including 6581, 8550 (6582) & Swinsid and it is simple to install your own). Specs and additional information at Twisted Electrons’ website.