Avid today announced changes to its licensing for Pro Tools Software and Pro Tools | HD Software, by including upcoming features – such as future cloud collaboration capabilities, as well as a standard Avid Support plan – with new purchases, upgrades, and crossgrades for one full year.
Avid also announced lower upgrade pricing for existing customers.
Customers who buy or upgrade to Pro Tools 11 by December 20, 2014 will receive extended coverage through March 2016.
“We’re making it easier for all customers to elevate their music and audio production immediately—and then take it to a higher level as cloud collaboration and other new features become available later,” says Avid’s Chris Gahagan.
Lower Upgrade Pricing
Starting in November, Avid will enable owners of Pro Tools 9/10, Pro Tools | HD 9/10, Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, and Pro Tools M-Powered to upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11/Pro Tools | HD 11, plus get one year of renewable standard Avid Support—at savings of up to 60% off previous upgrade pricing. Customers upgrading now will also have access to upcoming features including cloud collaboration capabilities.
New Pro Tools | Software Will Include Future Updates
Also starting in November, customers can purchase Pro Tools | Software with a one-year, renewable subscription support plan that also includes all Pro Tools | Software upgrades throughout the duration of their plan, as well as one year of renewable Avid Standard Support.
Avid Support Extended Through March 2016
As a special limited-time offer, customers who purchase a new license of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support or an upgrade/crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 with Standard Support by December 20, 2014 will have their support plan extended through March 31, 2016. That equals up to 17 months of Pro Tools upgrades, updates, and support instead of the usual 12, depending on when customers purchase.
Moving forward, customers will be able to renew their plan annually for $199 (Pro Tools) or $599 (Pro Tools | HD) per year to continue receiving support, updates, and upgrades.
The Pro Tools11 offerings enable customers to:
- Add ‘epic’ numbers of virtual instruments and effects to create rich sounding mixes
- 64-bit performance to handle huge mixes
- Monitor record inputs on native systems with ultra-low latency
- Play and edit HD video right in the Pro Tools timeline—without transcoding
- Compose and polish mixes with over 60 64-bit AAX virtual instrument and effects plug-ins
- Speed up mixing with industry-trusted automation tools
- Avid MediaCentral Platform
- Communicate and collaborate with other Pro Tools users around the world through the cloud (coming soon)
- Store and archive their sessions locally or in the cloud (coming soon)
- Sell their music and other sound assets in the Avid Marketplace (coming soon)
- Document, manage, protect, and track their assets with a universal metadata schema (coming soon)
- Enjoy track freeze and many more exciting new features coming throughout 2015
Starting November 2014:
Owners of Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10, or any version of Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered can upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 1 for $199 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.
Owners of Pro Tools | HD 9 or Pro Tools | HD 10, or Pro Tools 9 or 10 with the Complete Production Toolkit, can upgrade to Pro Tools | HD 11 for $599 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.
New customers can purchase version 11 of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support for $899 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.
Note: An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use Pro Tools 11 software.
See the Avid site for more information.