Dexed is a multi-platform, multi-format software synth that is modeled on the Yamaha DX7. It lets you create new sounds, use them in your DAW and save them to your DX-7.
According to developer Digital Suburban, ‘the goal of the project is to be a tool/companion for the original DX7.’
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows or Linux) and multi format (VST, soon AU and others that I don’t use); by using JUCE
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modeled on the original DX7 characteristics
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor and sysex manager
- Each operator have a realtime VU meter to know which one is active
- Can load/save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
Here’s a video demo:
The sounds in this demo come from the DEXED engine, not from a hardware DX7.
Dexed is a free download from the project site. If you’ve used Dexed, let us know what you think of it!