Musikmesse 2015: Zynaptiq is previewing UNMIX::DRUMS, a new plugin that lets you suppress or boost drums in mixed music, in real-time.
According to the company, ‘UNMIX::DRUMS opens up exciting new options for mastering, music production, sample-based music creation, mashup artists, remixers and DJs.’
Using advanced source signal separation technology (a.k.a. demixing, unmixing, sound extraction, sound isolation), UNMIX::DRUMS provides drum level control that ranges from up to +18dB of boost to virtually complete removal.
Applications for UNMIX:DRUMS include:
- Balancing drums against the rest of a song in mastering.
- Restoring dynamics to over-limited music in mastering.
- Unique EQ alternative for mixed music.
- Suppression of drums in sampled audio to remove “clashing” or “flamming” when
- mixing with new content.
- Drum extraction for creating new drum-kits.
- Drum removal for Mash-Up creation.
“Drum Kill Switch” for Dj applications.
- Pre-processing for voice extraction or similar applications.
UNMIX::DRUMS supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz, mono and stereo, as AAX native, AU, RTAS and VST, on Mac & Windows.
Pricing and availability are to be announced. See the Zynaptiq site for more info.