The System-1 Software Synthesizer with Librarian features many of the same functions as the hardware System-1/1m version. It offers the same sound quality as its hardware counterpart, making it ideal for musicians who either work solely in the software world, or who are considering the hardware version and would like to audition it first. In addition, based on popular user request from the hardware version, the Librarian software has been expanded to now include 64 patches.
- 2 ultra-versatile oscillators with sub-oscillator and noise generator
- 12 oscillator types including Super Saw, Super Square, FM, Vowel and more
- Cross Modulation and oscillator Color controls for continuous waveform changes
- Advanced arpeggiator with Scatter function
- 12 dB and -24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Integrated delay, reverb and crusher effects
- Tempo syncable LFO and delay
- Complete editor/librarian and DAW integration for SYSTEM-1 hardware
- VST and AU compatible
Pricing and Availability
Roland’s System-1 software synthesizer is available now for purchase via download. Regularly priced at $145 US (110 EUR), the soft synth is available to System-1 and System-M owners for an introductory upgrade price of $95 (75 EUR) through August 6. A free trial version is also available. In addition, the Librarian software for SYSTEM-1 is available for free to registered SYSTEM-1/1m owners.