Sugar Bytes has introduced Obscurium, described as ‘a generative synthesizer and timbral organism’.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Feeding on scales, chords and synthesis, producing vivid harmonics paired with an elaborate aesthetic. It is the source of a dazzling array of organic and lively sounds, delivering spherical pads, bubbly arpeggios and deadly percussion attacks.
The playful user interface streamlines the complexity of the inner workings: You can freely change and swap all parameters and motion lanes leading to hundreds of new sounds from the init preset, so you can realise unique and surprising sequences in a matter of a few clicks. Thanks to its VST hosting feature, you can host any of your sound generator plugins in Obscurium for fresh sounds.
- 8-voice Saw, Pulse, Super-Saw und FM Synthesis
- More than 400 excellent presets incl. pads, drums, atmos
- Motion Sequencer delivering sequential melodies and sounds, plus Plugin Automation
- Draw Tools, Modifiers and Super Obscure Mode to build and modify sequences
- Generative harmonies at your fingertips or normal MIDI-Input
- Shift Fader to freely swap parameters and targets
- VST Plugin Hosting
Here are in-depth demos of Obscurium:
Sugar Bytes Obscurium is available for Mac & Windows (VST/AU/AAX) for US $99.
More information: Sugar Bytes / Obscurium