Maker.ie has announced Patchblocks for Eurorack – a new module that brings the programable modular platform to the Euro format.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
For the past year we have been working with patchblocks.com to produce a Eurorack version of their incredibly successful, innovative and intuitive programmable mini-synth.
We have added increased functionality for the needs of modular enthusiasts.
Patchblocks are programmable, letting you customize how your mini synth behaves. It can be function as an audio oscillator, sequencer, drum machine or an effects unit, depending on the patch you load.
- Module Size – 8HP, depth 30mm (skiff friendly)
- The module requires 50mA of +12v, 25mA of -12v and 30mA of +5v to operate, and is normally powered from a Eurorack power supply distribution bus.
- Audio I/O – Left and Right channel analogue audio inputs and outputs, voltage range -10V to +10V.
- Gate / Trigger Inputs – for the Left and Right switches, voltage range 0-+5V, overvoltage protected.
- Control Voltage Inputs – for the Left and Right knobs/pots, voltage range -2.5V to +5V. When a CV signal is present the knob/pot acts as an attenuator/level control, when no CV signal is present the knob perfroms the function assigned in the Patch.
- Digital Audio and mid/serial data I/O – Using a 5pin IDC connector and ribbon cable connected on the back of the module, Left and Right channel digital audio and midi data (TX/RX) can be sent between modules, or to/from a desktop Patchblocks device.
- USB – USB type B connector accessible at the front of the module, ESD and overvoltage protected. ?
Patchblocks for Eurorack is available for preorder now for €129.
3 thoughts on “Patchblocks For Eurorack Now Available For Preorder”
Any advantage to puredata based modules like Owl?
i find the patch blocks software is more user-friendly than Pd, a bit simpler to use. still very capable and fun.
reprogrammable units are the next wave
euroracks tend to run at about $1000 per 84 hp row
i would rather reprogram my row instead of buying another one
i am desperately waiting for KORG , ARTURIA ,Native instruments , and Cycling 74 to get into the game